By Jason Apuzzo. Today in Hollywood news:
• Michael Bay fires Megan Fox from Transformers 3, likely because she’s insane. Tiger calls to console.
• With firing of Megan, Hollywood wonders whether Shia’s next to be fired after Shia trashes Indy 4 at Cannes (see here and here). Shia initiating new quality-control measures in his work, along with a special 1-800 complaint line.
• Eliot Spitzer documentary picked up for distribution, part of a package deal to include a reality TV series on ethics starring David Paterson. Just kidding.
• Robert Redford appears on Olberman show, Sean Penn lectures Capitol Hill. Nothing new here, move along.
• Captain America to be filmed in London. No really, they’re shooting the film in London. Not kidding.
• 5 and 1/2 hour movie on left-wing terrorist ‘Carlos the Jackal’ praised at Cannes. Oliver Stone seen napping in lobby.
• Anti-war doc Armadillo gets critics prize at Cannes. Oliver Stone seen napping in lobby.
• 30th Anniversary screening of The Empire Strikes Back in LA reunites Han with Chewie. Actually this looked like a lot of fun.
• Bernard Henri-Levy defends Polanski … again. Very hard to do at this point.
And that’s what’s happening today in the wonderful world of Hollywood …